Accept Responsibility for your health
- If you take responsibility for your health and choose to live a healthy lifestyle, you increase your chances of living to a ripe old age.
- Have regular medical checkups. Have an annual flu shot, a pneumonia shot if you are over age 65 , and other immunizations recommended by your doctor.
- Get routine preventative care tests recommended by your doctor
- Quit smoking and limit how much alcohol you drink and Â·Stay active physically and mentally.
Make someone else feel good
- Doing for others makes you feel good. It may also be good for your physical health. Studies show that people who give support and assistance to others feel better and live longer.
- Help a friend, relative, or neighbour with errands, transportation, shopping, babysitting, or other tasks.
- Get involved in a volunteer organization and/or volunteer some extra time here at PCL to do something you would not normally do, such as the Santa Claus Parade.
- Pick up trash when you see it in a park or on the beach
- Let someone else take the good parking space or go ahead of you in line.