During the holiday season many of us are put to the test in managing our relationships. Often the stress of the holidays impacts how we relate to one an other and may mean that we say and do things that have a negative impact on each other. Please find some tips below from Mark David,”author of the Self Manager Success Journal” to help us to nurture our relationships this holiday season and every season.
Six ways to nurture the relationships that matter the most to you.
1. Be aware of what you contribute to the meaningful relationships in your life.
Make them count by giving of yourself and committing your time.
2. Create a mindset to develop active and confluent relationships in your day-to-day life.
3. It’s the quality, not the quantity of your relationships that will enable you to do well in life.
4. Don’t enter into business or personal relationships with everyone. Be selective.
Choose relationships that enhance your life.
5. Self-managers cultivate relationships that are unconditional, committed, honest,
meaningful, and supportive.
6. The combination of talents gained through quality relationships maximizes your
personal growth, provides you with a support network, increases your quality of life,
Along with these tips, ensure that you take the time to enjoy your friends and family, often it is more about spending time together than creating the perfect meal or purchasing that most expensive and perfect present.
Enjoy your holidays!